• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry 10th day chick vaccine

judymugo

Hello, according to the kienyeji course we vaccinate chicks ie 1st gumboro dose at the 10th day. I sent my mom to buy the vaccine from the agrovet yesterday, to the dose today early morn.
My problem is the agrovet insisted that they should be given Newcastle and sold it to her giving her a chart outline. This has disorganized my plan as per how your course taught us. What should I do when it comes to the next vaccine?. I want to stick to the original elengo course plan. Pls advice

Nyambura K

Veterinarian
@judymugo vaccination schedule for broilers will be different from the kienjyenji birds, it is advisable you stick to the chart as you learned in the course . Also when you buy your vaccines let them know you are rearing kienyenji birds so they also understand why the difference.

judymugo

Thanks alot Nyambura. Much appreciate it. However..you didn't let me know what the next steps will be. Should I vaccinate them with gumboro next? Or should I start all over again assume they were not given the Newcastle dose?

Nyambura K

Veterinarian
@judymugo apologies my assumption was you had not given the vaccine yet. If you have then use the chart given at the agro vet for the vaccines to provide immunity to the birds.