• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Bees Bees

Richardob

Thank you very much for your wise advise, am a new farmer and i will need a lot of support from you every time, because i have put up 15 bee hives but not sure whether they will all be occupied so i may need to transfer to other hives for better yields.

nedward

Veterinarian
it is very important to undestand the entire system of epicalture especially the supercedure process as it is naturally done by the bees. colony splitting is very much possible . however before you artificially do the splitting, kindly ensure that you give the bees time to have it done naturally. coz when the colony is to big, there is anutural way i which the bees themselves starts preparing a new queen to take over the next colony that they themselves will split. you only have to provide empty hive and you will have it colonized when the time is appropriate. should something goes wrong while doing the collony spliting artificially, you risk having the bees abscond hence lossing the entire apiary coz they can relocate or fight