• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry Bloody stains

2 days ago I transferred my 5 weeks chicks from the brooder to a new clean place. They are now passing bloody stains red in colour.

nedward

Veterinarian
2 days ago I transferred my 5 weeks chicks from the brooder to a new clean place. They are now passing bloody stains red in colour.
They must have picked pathogens either from feed, water or the new environment(remamber the question is how clean is clean?)disease causing microorganism are microscopic. You case shows there is inflamation of the interstine hence the blood stained feacal dropings. This is sure sign of coccidiosis. Get to the nearest vet and buy antibiotics and have your feed fortified with coccidiostat. Ensure always to apply lime(choka) on the floor before putting the beddings. This makes the flow less condussive for microorganisms survival.