• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry Causes of poultry diseases?

Michael Maina

I do poultry farming but I have a challenge as my flock keep on dying despite adhering to routine vaccination and treatment. Advice me please on the cause of dying

nedward

Veterinarian
Kindly not that vaccination is meant to boost immunity. Vaccines only work well when done timely on healthy animals. Vaccinating your flock and exposing the to disease causing microoganisms is similar to vaccinating a children and keeping them in dirty environment under the pretex that they are vaccinated. Kindly observation of hygiene is the surest way of keeping diseases at bay. Kindly check your chicken house well and the rule of thumb is if you can't stay in it for more than 30mins then it is not best for your poultry too.

Michael Maina

I have found it from one of my poultry whose feaces is stained with blood, please advice me on want treatment to offer and what is the cause of this infection?

nedward

Veterinarian
Coccidiosis is the diseases caused by eimeria necatrix. Get to nearest agrovet and get anti-coccidia. Keep litter dry always.