• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Chickens Chicken deaths, kindly help?

Erasama

Am from Kenya. My chicks are dying at a very high rate. You find then dead with yellow anal discharge and dark legs. Some are are also very weak with eyes clossing up. What moght be the problem and how can i treat them? I have lost 20 in 2 weeks. Kindly help.

nedward

Veterinarian
Am from Kenya. My chicks are dying at a very high rate. You find then dead with yellow anal discharge and dark legs. Some are are also very weak with eyes clossing up. What moght be the problem and how can i treat them? I have lost 20 in 2 weeks. Kindly help.
Kindly administer multivitamin (egocin-chick) and improved on brooding condition (the chicks are dying from low temperatures.i.e getting chilled).

Reactions: Ann
is your housing well ventilated, the hygiene, when did you last disinfect your housing? before thinking of treating, lets first think of preventing the cause