• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Chickens chickens stopped laying

Dkariuki1

my chickens have stopped laying eggs

i used to give them wishwa (maize germ) only and would lay eggs. I introduced kienyenji feeds plus wishwa and thats when they stopped. I thought kienyeji feeds were more nutritious than wishwa.

nedward

Veterinarian
As much as the feed might look more nutritious, feed changing should be gradual i.e introducing small portions of the new feed mixed with large portion of the other untill such a time that the birds have gotten used to the new feed in a less tarbulent and stress full way. Moreover always avoid making any changes on feed, housing unit or adjustments to laying boxes mid laying. Those are unecessary disturbance to the birds which stresses them resulting into reduced production or complete stop in laying and they undergo a process otherwise known as force moltting. Kindly try correcting the stress by adding egg formula(poltricin egg or egocin egg) into their drinking water.

Dkariuki1

As much as the feed might look more nutritious, feed changing should be gradual i.e introducing small portions of the new feed mixed with large portion of the other untill such a time that the birds have gotten used to the new feed in a less tarbulent and stress full way. Moreover always avoid making any changes on feed, housing unit or adjustments to laying boxes mid laying. Those are unecessary disturbance to the birds which stresses them resulting into reduced production or complete stop in laying and they undergo a process otherwise known as force moltting. Kindly try correcting the stress by adding egg formula(poltricin egg or egocin egg) into their drinking water.
Thanks alot noted