• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Chickens Chicks are dying

n.ekesah

I raise chicks successfully, but the age of 4 - 6 weeks they start swelling the head, rough feathers, develop scars at the mouth, get blinded and loose head feathers and die. Assist me find the right remedy to treat this condition

nedward

Veterinarian
My chicks too suffer the same disease.... please help
Kindly if it is within your capacity keep your chicks away from the older flocks until you have administered the first fowl pox and 2nd new castle vaccine. Am pretty sure this condition must be common to many farmers practicing mixed age poultry farming. Remember the vaccinated older flock and the entire building is always covered by the pox virus once the vaccine is administered hence introducing none immune flock into the older flock exposes them to the virus. Hence the all in all out approach.