• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry Chicks trembling

Violet

Good morning. Chick are trembling vigorously. Three have died. The symptom started this.morning. They were given Newcastle vaccine on Saturday.

nedward

Veterinarian
Kindly chicks get easily chilled, check on your brooding temperatures. Post vaccination reactions normally observed within the first 3 days. If your area is currently cold with the current rains take care of the chicks properly. However remember that vaccinations doesn't eliminate other pathogens from your flock. Further more remember the period following vaccination, the immune system of the birds is always over work as it tries to develop resistance to the introduced vaccines hence the warning ⚠ that never vaccinate any birds that already show signs of illness otherwise their immune system will be overwhelmed in try to fight the disease as well as respond to the vaccine.

Nasibu twaha

Am the small scalefarmer of chicken and duck for the almost 3 years, currently i want to start the new the project of incubation the egg and selling the chick but I have a little knowledge about that , I need help about challenges and the best way of progressing that project

nedward

Veterinarian
Incubation is a fickle business that requires you having market in mind, source for quality parent stock for fertile egg production and must also have a unit for raising birds because not all will be taken at day old especially before you get market segment. Biosecurity and knowledge of incubation a must. Stable power supply and or back up supply.