• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry Commercial Paultry Farming

ooyenga

Am looking into starting egg production business. With about 2000 layers. A house that is scalable to accommodate at least 10000 layers each. I need professional advise. I already have a 4accre ready land. Am considering becoming a medium scaled egg producer in the next 5years producing about 20000 eggs a day. Kindly assist with professional advise and possible a reference farm to gather knowledge

nedward

Veterinarian
Am looking into starting egg production business. With about 2000 layers. A house that is scalable to accommodate at least 10000 layers each. I need professional advise. I already have a 4accre ready land. Am considering becoming a medium scaled egg producer in the next 5years producing about 20000 eggs a day. Kindly assist with professional advise and possible a reference farm to gather knowledge
Welcome ooyenga into the poultry industry. It is very much encouranging to be vissionary especially in this sector of livestock. Be rest assured that you are in the right place as a begginer in poultry farming. It is here that you will meet experienced poultry farmers sharing their success stories and the hardles they had to go through to get to where they are right know. The bottom line is knowing where you are, where you want to be and how to get there is our collective responsibility in this forum. To start you off kindly check this links https://mkulima.co/threads/mistakes-to-avoid-in-order-to-succeed-in-poultry-business.69/unread. In addition you will have to prepared detailed bussines plan for your farm capturing all that you need to put in and expected out put not forgeting risk analysis. In the mean time consider registering for online e-lengo training through this linkhttps://mkulima.co/forums/training-courses.13/ keep posted as you go a long and remember not to sprint before crawing(start small to learn the art and science if poultry farming)

Last edited by a moderator: