• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Chickens Concern health

Kesh

Hi,i have noted one of my chick has a swollen food storage system kindly advice what could be the problem/the course and preventive or treatment measure taken?

nedward

Veterinarian
Hi,i have noted one of my chick has a swollen food storage system kindly advice what could be the problem/the course and preventive or treatment measure taken?
You mean enlarged crop(food storage). Or swellings on the crop. Photo please. Otherwise if compacted/ swollen crop you can administer liquid parafin. Remember liquid parafin isn't kerosene

Kesh

Yes swollen crop but I tried administer liquid paraffin after some time all was well with my chick.thanks and humbled

Kesh

Hi how long must I give them liquid paraffin? Second quiz how am I suppose to feed my flock in terms of ratio per KGS per day per chick my chicks are now on the
Fifth week.

nedward

Veterinarian
Last edited by a moderator: