• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Cattle Dairy Cow Milk Production

Janssen

Admin
I am not a dairy expert but I believe it depends on the breed, feeding/nutrition, and the overall health of the animal. I have heard it can range anywhere between 10-30 Litres per day. Perhaps a dairy expert can provide more information for us.

Eveelyne Mamai

High milk production depends on proper management, or else you can get a cow that produces high without proper animal husbandry/animal management you can be disappointed.

Enough fodder is the primary focus.

Last edited by a moderator:

nedward

Veterinarian
I am looking to buy a dairy cow within the next few weeks. How many litres of milk can I expect it to produce???? :unsure:
Milk production depends on the breed type and how best you are prepared to exploit that genetic potential. The dairy cow is like a machine that converts raw materials (feed and water) into milk. To get more milk, feed the cow quality feed in good quantity.