• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry Disease

Mwaro

My six weeks kienyeji chicks have swollen just under their eyes, what is the cause and what can apply to stop the disease?

nedward

Veterinarian
The cause is pox virus which you could have prevented by proper vaccination against fowl-pox. Manage the condition by isolating and douching with povidone iodine. Otherwise culling and resting the unit after full disinfection is the best approach. Practice all in all out to be on the safe side.

Simon sakani

Hallo,I have indigenous chicken they have been doing well all along but all of a sudden I don't if its the change in the temperature or what they just developed diarrhea some greenish others whitish what should I do and what medicine should I go for?

nedward

Veterinarian
You have multiple infections, greenish solid dropping would sound normal if they were fed on greens in excess. However the diarrhea aspects points to Newcastle and bacillary White diaease. Have them on Tylodoxy and separate the healthy one in a new unit if possible.