• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry Disease

Gakumwa

Found my hen a chick and a hen,, developing kindonda kwa kwichwa,,,, what could be the problem please

nedward

Veterinarian
Fowl pox is the case with you. Isolate the healthy ones and manage the infected by douching with 10% in addition to application of oxytetracycline cream e.g centrino

Gakumwa

Thanks sir, but this medication term si jaiielwa,,,,, kindly can you elaborate simpler please
"douching with 10% in addition to application of oxytetracycline cream eg cenrino??

Gakumwa

Oooh hot your point,,,, should I apply in the infected area or in to the whole body???
  • 2.will put oxytetracycline cream in water or just apply on the wound directly,,

Gakumwa

Do I apply oxytetracycline cream on the wound directly or I should dilute with water,,,
To the whole body
2+how will I take care of the healthy ones,,,,if vacation needed which the best vaccine,,,am a new Farmer

nedward

Veterinarian
Cream apply on the affected area. For iodine get to agrovet and ask for 10% iodine and use to clean the affected area .

nedward

Veterinarian
The health ones you can isolate . Once recovered do not administer fowl pox vaccine as all the birds by virtue of being together with the affected birds during this period already got the virus and their immune system has responded to it. Going forward you must ensure you clean and disinfect the house before bringing in new flock. All in all out is the best practice ever