• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry feed 2 month old kienyeji chicken

Tualagal

my chicks are now 2 months old. they are consuming too much. i would like to supplement with duka feeds. i tried to hang sukuma in the house they all moved away and hid like a ufo was in the house. what should i give them. ?

secondly they have been sick with conci..... they seem to have gotten better, they were due for fowl fox and cholera vacine this week how long should i wait before i administer?

thank you very much.

Nyambura K

Veterinarian
my chicks are now 2 months old. they are consuming too much. i would like to supplement with duka feeds. i tried to hang sukuma in the house they all moved away and hid like a ufo was in the house. what should i give them. ?

secondly they have been sick with conci..... they seem to have gotten better, they were due for fowl fox and cholera vacine this week how long should i wait before i administer?

thank you very much.

I would advise you to check on the quality of the feed you are giving, preferably find a reputable kienyenji mash in the market .

For coccidiosis it's all about litter management and poultry house aeration, ensure the litter is dry more around the drinkers, you could raise your drinkers to avoid water sipping on the floor often which then creates a good ground for coccidia to thrive.

For vaccination only do so if you are 100% sure of their health status. Vaccinating sick birds will be more stressful and costly for you.

Attachments

• feeding guidelines.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 0