• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Vegetables fertilizer kales

chwara

i have fresh cow dung from cow unit how should i utilise it on sukumawiki i have no enough resources

Alfred Opiyo

Certified Expert
i have fresh cow dung from cow unit how should i utilise it on sukumawiki i have no enough resources
Hello Chwara, fresh cow dung right from the unit isn't good to be used as manure however it's best suitable when well decomposed to make nutrients readily available for crop uptake also fresh dung has high level of uric acid content which may cause scotching to your kales. On decomposing prepare a compost pit under shade not exposed to run-off and make a piles or layers of plant materials+kitchen wastes+animal waste (cow dung ) you may cover and keep on turning the pile until it's ready for use between 4-6 months your compost will be fully decomposed