• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Chickens Fish meal (omena dust particles)

H

Harron Srimba

Fish meal is good because it provides protein, but birds should have a balanced diet including carbohydrates, protein, and vitamins/minerals so make sure it is mixed in the food. Adding Omena dust to food will assist in the protein component.

I hope someone posts on food formulation so we can learn more since I am not an expert just yet.

primabel

Fish meal is good because it provides protein, but birds should have a balanced diet including carbohydrates, protein, and vitamins/minerals so make sure it is mixed in the food. Adding Omena dust to food will assist in the protein component.

I hope someone posts on food formulation so we can learn more since I am not an expert just yet.
A lot of appreciation

I'm having aquastoin concerning poultry feed... The so called machicha and achachu have been said that they have high percentage of protein as compared with borne meal...

Janssen

Admin
I'm having aquastoin concerning poultry feed... The so called machicha and achachu have been said that they have high percentage of protein as compared with borne meal...
Hello Evans,

Sorry I am not sure what machicha and achachu is....if you explain we can look up the protein percentages.

Thanks

primabel

Machicha are remains from distillation process of traditional alcohol ......which the main product is mahindi muhozoo...

Sue Auma

Author
Yes, I have heard it has a decent amount of protein, but not a much as bonemeal would have. I have seen many farmers who take the waste from the breweries and adding to feed for both protein/carbohydrates.