• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry Hatching chickens

dmacharia

I have a challenge when hatching more than one chicken at ago, some leave their eggs and combine together in one nest. How can I manage this challenge?

nedward

Veterinarian
Birds will natural brood where they have been laying, it becomee difficult to deal with the situation once they get broody especially if they have been nesting in one place. To avoid this in future provide enough nesting place conducisive and similar in look and comfort. For now you will have to forcefully have them separated by closing them on the eggs for one night and 1 day and observe the out come.

dmacharia

Thanks for your response. Another Quiz, I have been administering Newcastle vaccine to my chickens but I have not been keen with other vaccines. I have studied the vaccine program and I discovered that some of the diseases were supposed to have been vaccinated while the birds young. Is it okay if I can vaccinate past the scheduled time. Also advice on the mandatory vaccines for farmers rearing birds in Eldoret area coz that is my area.