• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry Hi. What should I do to my kienyeji poultry farm so as to make them stay enclosed place?

Nyambura K

Veterinarian
@Chivatsi ensure your chicken coup is dry and free from drift, it should be a habitable space for your chickens. I would advise you also disinfect the coup with a disinfectant like kerol,kupacide, or norocleanse or any other available at your local agro vet store. Also practicing proper management aspects like vaccinations and deworming is important for a healthy flock.
You can join our online course that will offer you more skills to enable you to be a better and productive farmer https://kuku.farmcourses.com/howtoregister

nedward

Veterinarian
  • When I keep them indoors, they keep on dying.
Kindly ensure your poultry unit conforms to specifications required and guidelines for poultry unit construction. Note that not any building is suitable for poultry rearing. For better results poultry unit construction specifications must be followed to the later. Rule of thumb is if you can't stay in that poultry unit for more hrs then it is not right for poultry too.