• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Cattle how do I engage in zero grazing?

N

Nicholas kemboi

I have two local breeds of cows but I want to engage in zero grazing I do I start that is where do I get good vow breeds and what are the management practice I should do

nedward

Veterinarian
I have two local breeds of cows but I want to engage in zero grazing I do I start that is where do I get good vow breeds and what are the management practice I should do
You can start by up-grading the locals breeds through artificial insemination meanwhile you will have to establish enough pasture as the cows will entirely dependent on the feed you will provide them in the grazing unit. Of course you will have to construct a functional zero grazing unit for the comfort of the cows. To buy direct quality breeds you can be linked to reputable farmers within the country where you can source for the cattle directly.