• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry How do i start poultry

nedward

Veterinarian
Consider the following, type and source of breeding stock, they production line and type, feed source and your target market.

nedward

Veterinarian
Extremes of weather either hot or cold affects poultry in the sense that more energy would be used to maintain constant internal environment as opposed to production and reproduction. Hot weather there is reduced feed intake sue to heat stress.

I live in Tana River and I have enough space of land but my worries are that the weather is hot sometimes it reaches 30 to 38 degrees always hot man

nedward

Veterinarian
Don't use straight iron roofing sheet . You need to put 1st insulate by putting " makuti" under then the roofing sheet on top.papyrus mat can also do

Don't use straight iron roofing sheet . You need to put 1st insulate by putting " makuti" under then the roofing sheet on top.papyrus mat can also do
Actually I am not worrying about capital to start how about organic chicken,does hot temperature also affect??