• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Chickens how to make natural chicken feeds using natural readily available ingredients?

Willys

I am a student who resorted to save Ksh 6000 for a kienyeji chicken farm from which i have bought 18 two-months old chicken .I do not have stable income source and my dream is to grow my farm bit by bit until I'll see it in another level some few years.

Kindly help me with some ideas on how to go by this farming. I do not have enough money to buy chicken feeds from the market. Help me with ideas how to make natural chicken feeds using natural readily available ingredients.

Sue Auma

Author
Hello @Willys!

Great idea to start small, it is good to learn as much as you can in the early years and grow bigger when you are ready and more knowledgeable. I think eLengo is running an Introduction to Poultry farming course that you should sign up for only 1000 bob. The course starts in October (if it is not already sold out) and will get you ready and educated to start your journey. I believe there is a section on feed creation as well. I am also signed up and ready to learn more.

Here are some links below I found on this community that may help you out:

Free books to make your own feed
Feeding Improved Chicken
Video on how to make your own feeds at home
Supplementing feeds with insects and maggots
PAWPAW Fruit for your chicken
How do I develop my own feeds

Hope this helps!