• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry INCUBATION

Hallo expert. I have been trying to incubate my eggs but of late been experiencing some challenges. The incubator is set at. Temp 38.7 and humidity of 60. The incubation processes go on well but the hatchability is below 50%. when we break the eggs, we find fully developed chicks that dried and died inside the egg. kindly advice. my current eggs are at day 18 and am worried.

nedward

Veterinarian
Check on hatching by increasing humidity as from day 18 through to 21 and ensure hatching takes place on the hatching trays. Make sure your egg turning system is working efficiently. Other factors remaining constant, you should have better hatch rates. Bottom be line remember artificial incubation is man made and parameter settings coul be missleding as well. No machine is 100%efficient