• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry Maggot Breeding

At Keystone we try as much as possible to cut the cost of feeds. This is a procedure for breeding maggots using EM1 to accelerated decomposition. Visit Keystone Poultry Farm today and learn how to breed maggots in your farm for your birds.
maggot meal contains 47.1% crude protein, 25.3% fat, 7.5% crude fibre and 6.25% ash at dry matter level of 92.7%. The amino acid profile showed that maggot meal contains 17 amino acids among which are nine essential amino acids.
Maggots and maggot meal have proven to be a good alternative to fish meal in organic poultry, Maggots give better growth rate and less fear in chickens , they will also consume less feeds thus helping you to cut cost of feeds.
Check out our Facebook page for the whole procedure.
#keystonepoultryfarm
IMG_20181231_105728_410.jpg

Ndambo

At Keystone we try as much as possible to cut the cost of feeds. This is a procedure for breeding maggots using EM1 to accelerated decomposition. Visit Keystone Poultry Farm today and learn how to breed maggots in your farm for your birds.
maggot meal contains 47.1% crude protein, 25.3% fat, 7.5% crude fibre and 6.25% ash at dry matter level of 92.7%. The amino acid profile showed that maggot meal contains 17 amino acids among which are nine essential amino acids.
Maggots and maggot meal have proven to be a good alternative to fish meal in organic poultry, Maggots give better growth rate and less fear in chickens , they will also consume less feeds thus helping you to cut cost of feeds.
#keystonepoultryfarm
View attachment 706
I learnt from you on some ways to reduce my cost of food and the growing of wheat grass caught my eye. Kindly advice me where I can get wheat grass seeds.

Gailyne

Hi kindl
#keystonepoultryfarm
View attachment 706
Hi kindly help me with the procedure I can't find it