• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry Maggot making

jeffmosioma

Am in migori n there is no EM 1 is there any alternative to these, coz i wanted to make maggots using sawdust n EM1 as shown in the course i took

Alfred Opiyo

Certified Expert
Am in migori n there is no EM 1 is there any alternative to these, coz i wanted to make maggots using sawdust n EM1 as shown in the course i took
Yes @jeffmosioma purpose for EM1 is to speed up decomposition process and preventing bud smell but still if EM1 isn't available then you can buy "mother culture" which is sold with several trade names e.g Probio balance mixed with water and Molasses will work for you but still if you can't get that then for the purposes of catalyzing decomposition, a commercial fertilizer NPK 10:10:10 or any of such equitable ratio is still effective for the purpose