• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry making feeds for chicken

Tualagal

where can i buy EM1 in nairobi, secondly i saw a video that one can get maggots from human faeces to feed chicken is this good?

Vet.Chris

Veterinarian
Hello Em 1 can be found in Ena, Embu county which is 150km from Nairobi, below is an attached doc for contacts of the company.
Two, The feeds from human waste is not the normal maggots we know. It is a process where by the faeces are collected,taken through dehydration process to separate them from urine, then the solid waste is fed to black soldier flies which these flies prevents the growth of the normal maggots.
The black soldier flies lay eggs that move to larvae and after 10 days to pupae stage.
This pupae stage is what is taken , boiled at 100'celcious for 6minutes and Sundried.
That is what is fed to poultry as feed.

Attachments

• EM TECH LTD POFILE AND EM APPLICATION.pdf
    52.4 KB · Views: 7

Tualagal

Hello Em 1 can be found in Ena, Embu county which is 150km from Nairobi, below is an attached doc for contacts of the company.
Two, The feeds from human waste is not the normal maggots we know. It is a process where by the faeces are collected,taken through dehydration process to separate them from urine, then the solid waste is fed to black soldier flies which these flies prevents the growth of the normal maggots.
The black soldier flies lay eggs that move to larvae and after 10 days to pupae stage.
This pupae stage is what is taken , boiled at 100'celcious for 6minutes and Sundried.
That is what is fed to poultry as feed.
Thank you very much, this was helpful.

Tualagal

question: i have undergone my course. last week i received my 100 batch of birds. the house is right opp the 100 percent kienyeji which is my old flock. which vaccinations should i give the old flock to prevent them from being sick. the chicks as they come out i vacinate but what about the old flock what should i do?

Vet.Chris

Veterinarian
Hello periodically give them Newcastle vaccine every 3months and deworm them every month.
Use disinfectant at the entrance of the poultry house and maintain hygiene.
Start cleaning and feeding or any other activity first in the young poultry stock before going to the old flock.
Follow the vaccination program on the attachment.

Attachments

• kienyeji vaccination (1).pdf
    163.8 KB · Views: 3