• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry Marek vaccination

I have just set up my incubation. Am told that Marek vaccination should be done on day one. how can i get the vaccines and how is it administered?

Janssen

Admin
How big is your incubation? Marek's only goes for 1000 doses and above?

If it is a small incubator it is likely not necessary but once you grow close to 1000 egg capacity you will need to get the vaccination, handle it properly, and administer in the right way. At first it is advised for a vet to show you to learn the basics and then do yourself from then onwards.

Any toughts @nedward ?

nedward

Veterinarian
I have just set up my incubation. Am told that Marek vaccination should be done on day one. how can i get the vaccines and how is it administered?
Mareks is highly contigious disease hence would advice you seek assistance from qualified personell if you are doing it for the first time. You can then learn the art and science of doing it. None the less the vaccine is available on all vet shops authorised to dispense vaccines . It is administered at a rate of 0.2ml subcutenously.