• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry Mysterious infection killing hens

dunodhi

Yesterday morning, I realized a dull hen which lacked appetite, it was weak though able to walk.

At fast, I administered Biotrim antibiotic. I then separated it from the rest.

However, this morning, I was surprised to find it dead.

Below is a picture of its caucass.

What could be the problem here? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20191011_112011.jpg
    IMG_20191011_112011.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 3

nedward

Veterinarian
First point is to confirm how the droppings are like. Next is to observe closely the entire flock and have them all on antibiotic cover(tylodoxy or Esb3). Next should your find the dropping to be white and foamy, then you are battling bacillary white disease(recommended you remove the litter (bedding), disinfect and spread lime on the floor before putting new sawdust. If droppings have blood stains ( coccidiosis). For quick on farm assessment get technical assistance from nearby vet. Remember every Agrovet especially in Kenya has a qualified veterinarian who can always be of great help incase of emergency.