• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Chickens newcastle treatment

Benard kilonzo

What is the cure for Newcastle.I suspect my chicks are infected.Coughing,blocked /stuffy nostrills,ruffled feathers.How do I treat them.

nedward

Veterinarian
What is the cure for Newcastle.I suspect my chicks are infected.Coughing,blocked /stuffy nostrills,ruffled feathers.How do I treat them.
Newcastle is highly fatal viral disease that can wipe entire flock within one day. The cardinal sign is greenish diarrhea. Prevention is through vaccination either through eye drop or drinking water. There is no known treatment for Newcastle you can only give supportive therapy but mortalities always very high.

henrymruma

oh! that's fatal disease, the best way is to sell flocks as early as possible, if not possible, maintains hygienic and provide new castle vaccine but this will be a trial as you can serve some