• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Beans Planting season

primabel

Am not good to determined planting season.....after we have plant maize ...and we are about to harvest ...like this month can I re-plant beans ..
Located Eldoret -in between soy RTS mile 9

H

Harron Srimba

Both corn and beans grow best in warm conditions and full sun. Corn is a heavy feeder and needs frequent nitrogen applications to produce full, heavy ears. Beans, on the other hand, can fix nitrogen in the soil and rarely need additional fertilizer. Corn depletes the soil of nutrients, while beans build the soil. Many gardeners plant beans in a garden location either immediately before or immediately after planting corn there. Both beans and corn need consistent moisture. (y) (So yes it is a good idea!)

I think I heard that eLengo is launching a soil fertility and horticultural course over the phone in October with Eldoret University.....I am sure there will be lot of info in there....I am joining for sure

primabel

Both corn and beans grow best in warm conditions and full sun. Corn is a heavy feeder and needs frequent nitrogen applications to produce full, heavy ears. Beans, on the other hand, can fix nitrogen in the soil and rarely need additional fertilizer. Corn depletes the soil of nutrients, while beans build the soil. Many gardeners plant beans in a garden location either immediately before or immediately after planting corn there. Both beans and corn need consistent moisture. (y) (So yes it is a good idea!)

I think I heard that eLengo is launching a soil fertility and horticultural course over the phone in October with Eldoret University.....I am sure there will be lot of info in there....I am joining for sure
Santi xana