• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry Poultry wounds

Angweya

My one and a half month old chick has a wound because of being picked by one of the hens .Kindly advise treatment .I'm trying to nurse but don't know what to apply on the wound for quick healing

nedward

Veterinarian
My one and a half month old chick has a wound because of being picked by one of the hens .Kindly advise treatment .I'm trying to nurse but don't know what to apply on the wound for quick healing
Kindly apply 10% povidone iodine. Remember it is and insist on 10% not any othe concentration. It is the best known topical antibiotic that has best result on any type of wound.

Hello my 5 weeks chick is swollen aloud the anus all times it's like having constipation. It's like something big wants to fall.It already has crack on the anus what is the problem.

nedward

Veterinarian
Kindly include liquid paraffin in your drinkers. Remember liquid paraffin from vet shop not kerosene. Also administer anti-stress e.g poultricin kuku formula.