• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Vegetables Quantity and Price of Eden Tomato seeds

waluka

Greetings Experts. Please guide me on the quantity and cost of the following: 1. Eden F1 Tomato Seeds to cover 1/4 Acre under drip irrigation in open field. 2. Gloria F1 cabbage seeds to cover 1/2 acre, 3. Broccoli seeds to cover 1/2 acre

Ann

Certified Expert
Greetings Experts. Please guide me on the quantity and cost of the following: 1. Eden F1 Tomato Seeds to cover 1/4 Acre under drip irrigation in open field. 2. Gloria F1 cabbage seeds to cover 1/2 acre, 3. Broccoli seeds to cover 1/2 acre
The quantity required depends with the spacing used to plant and the method of irrigation. for example with a spacing of 40 by 60 cm for tomatoes making a total of four plants per metre squared in an 1/4 of an acre you will require 15 grams while taking care of the germination percentage. While planting 2 plants per metre squared you will require about 7 grams.
The same case applies to cabbages and you will require 25 grams while planting with a spacing of 40 by 60 cm.
For Broccoli the same case applies as that of cabbages.

The prices vary depending with your locality, kindly check this with the agrodealers in your location.

Regards.

Emmanuel Patrick Okello

Extension Officer
I always plant padma108 f1 of tomatoes and indica f1 Cabbage from Eastwest international with a spacing of 50×60 and I will need 10g and 20 g respectively on raised bed