• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Chickens recommend chicken breed

Kiwuwa Apollo

Am trying to get organised to rear layers in a cage system currently I was using litter syster, now importing some of the cage equipment and accessories from china at a subsided amount especially the taxes involved and freight upto kampala

I need the best breed of chicken which give high production, resistant to diseases and take some considerable time while laying eggs

I will need also to make a budget for a round 5,000 layer birds then I will depend on the estimates then come up with my budget

nedward

Veterinarian
would advice you chose between Isa brown and saso both are kenchic brands for pure layers. for dual purpose you have the rainbow rooster and kenbro to chose from. otherwise for resistance to diseases , note that the more indiginous the breed is the higher the resistance and the converse is true when it comes to production so keep your management practice upto date for better results