• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Other Vegetables Scotch Bonnet and Habernero Chilli?

Williamkay

Hello,
I would like some advice regarding this disease i came across this chilli field where the leaf is kind of crumpled up and appears to be losing the green colour.I have attached an image for a better view.

Please advise me on the best remedy and what one can do to prevent this.

Attachments

• 20181214_094212.jpg
    20181214_094212.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 20181214_093902.jpg
    20181214_093902.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2

Alfred Opiyo

Certified Expert
Hi, from the attachments you've given I want to narrow down to fungal leaf curl, to control this try applying sulfur/coper based fungicides the ones usually used in peaches plants or Almonds.
Apply such when the entire leaves are 90% affected and fallen and before new flowers are formed.
Leaf curl where leaves rolls upward may sometimes caused by excessive watering in farms under irrigation. In this case the control would be reducing amount of water release per application or extending application intervals.