• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Chickens Should i get worried of yellow diarrhoea

nedward

Veterinarian
Y
Hello @mandelaomuga is the chicken having diarrhea or does the feces look normal otherwise? If it is diarrhea it may be a sign of an internal parasite.

It is best to see what our expert vet @nedward has to say.
yes you should get concern especially if it gets foamy. Normal dropping should be firm with a white patch on top(urate). Depending on the feed,season and climate the constancy varies however should it get foamy and or with blood stains then alarm has to raised. Check on you level of proteins in the diet as well.

Kesh

Hi,I lost several too on the same mine was diarrhearing yellow explained to my bet and he told me its coccidiosis tried to treat using amidiostart plus is there any other quick medicine to use or advice concerning the disease?

Peter W

Admin
Hi,I lost several too on the same mine was diarrhearing yellow explained to my bet and he told me its coccidiosis tried to treat using amidiostart plus is there any other quick medicine to use or advice concerning the disease?
@nedward Any best know drug for coccidiosis to help Kesh? @Kesh, The key in prevention of Coccidiosis lies in managing the environment- litter, ventilation, temperature, leakages, litter disposal.

nedward

Veterinarian
@nedward Any best know drug for coccidiosis to help Kesh? @Kesh, The key in prevention of Coccidiosis lies in managing the environment- litter, ventilation, temperature, leakages, litter disposal.
Eimeria necatrix the microorganisms that is responsible for coccidiosis damages the intestinal walls of poultry so severely hence the blood stains in the diarrhea. Being monogastric( one stomach), before any antibiotics can take effect, the birds will be dead already. Hygiene hygiene and I repeat hygiene is the sure way to keep this disease at bay. Otherwise feed with coccidiostat can help minimize losses. Sulphur based drugs ? e.g S-dime liquid can be administered