• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry strange disease

Hallo. Last week I spotted some blood stains in the chicken dropping. I thank our expert for the advice. i have been treating them and they are responding well. however, today something strange began to happen. In the morning A FEW BIRDS were crowded together as if feeling cold. today evening one is dead and another very weak. on close examination, the few birds are week and can only produce a hissing sound instead of normal sound. Their throats are rather dry. their saliva looks as if it has some mucus. please advice. they are 5 - 6 weeks OLD

nedward

Veterinarian
Hallo. Last week I spotted some blood stains in the chicken dropping. I thank our expert for the advice. i have been treating them and they are responding well. however, today something strange began to happen. In the morning A FEW BIRDS were crowded together as if feeling cold. today evening one is dead and another very weak. on close examination, the few birds are week and can only produce a hissing sound instead of normal sound. Their throats are rather dry. their saliva looks as if it has some mucus. please advice. they are 5 - 6 weeks OLD
The birds are getting chilled( cold) can you improvice any thing that can keep them warm and have them on poltricin chick fomular and dissolved DCP in their drinking water. Get these from Agrovet too.