• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Chickens Swell like growth structure on chick peaks

primabel

the swell structure as occur in my chicks ....down the peak and some part of head ....and others have reach a point the eyes are affected.... I seek advice from neighboring farm and ask me to use drug call skazone.
but now i don't see any improvement kindly advice

nedward

Veterinarian
The file may be too big to share here...Any idea what it could be @nedward? Maybe its infectious Coryza?
First action is to separate the affected once from the rest of the flock. The differential diagnosis are infectious bronchitis;infectious coryza; early wet type of pox infection or fowl cholera. Kindly visit the nearest agrovet and seek help from the registered veterinarian in charge of the vet shop. Otherwise you can share the photo on the whatsapp too. Going forward you need to clean the unit disinfect before introducing new flock. Bottom line is biosecurity and total hygiene in order to win in this delicate balance with pathogens.