• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Other Fruits and Nuts Tree tomatoes

Alfred Opiyo

Certified Expert
Hello Stajuli, Tree tomatoes in normal circumstances start bearing fruit at 1-1.5 years however those propagated from cuttings or grafted have records of early flower setting and fruits bearing as earlier than a year old however proper and timely field management e.g weeding, fertilizer application and irrigation are a must do activities.

On withered crops, may I know is there's color change on leaves? Do you have enough rains? if not do you have irrigation program? Is it the whole farm or few scouted crops? A possible answers to these questions will help us to assist you. You can as well share photo of affected plants

Thanks

Stajuli

Thanks alot I was doing experiment with two stems but one is doing well even though I have not used any chemical just give them water in plenty in the evening but the other one growing slowly with withered leaves even during the night

Attachments

• IMG-20190227-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20190227-WA0000.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-20190227-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20190227-WA0000.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 4

Alfred Opiyo

Certified Expert
Good morning, from your photographs my I guess there's root damage possibly by soil pest. Did you apply cow manure? check out if this white grabs are down there (fatty white with red-brown head). If you are sure damage could not have been caused by human activity

Stajuli

Yes I did use manure thanks for the advice, when I was planting even other trees they were just falling been eaten between the roots and stems. Is there anyhow that can help the plant as it looks

Alfred Opiyo

Certified Expert
Prevention:- drench using confidor to prevent more destruction by termites or white grabs.

Last edited: