• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Other Poultry Turkey advice

I would like to borrow some knowledge on how to rear turkeys.I have some turkeys which I want to make commercial in the near future but lack the knowldge. please help

Janssen

Admin
This is from our expert @nedward

Starting a commercial turkey farm does not differ from setting up any other poultry farm. There are seven fundamental things you must put into consideration before venturing into a turkey farm. These include; demand for products, success stories of farmers who have ventured in the same, availability and location of inputs, capital required, operational requirements, risks associated with the venture and profit that can potentially be made off a unit sold. once the above has been considered, kindly draw up a business plan to map all the above points