• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Vegetables urban farming

Alfred Opiyo

Certified Expert
they have very thin weak stalks and narrow leaves ,.i used paultry manure
ratio 1:1 .what could be the problem View attachment 1484View attachment 1484View attachment 1485
Hello ?poultry manure is just OK to use for it is high in nitrogen an important element foe vegetative development however for this to turn out positive, the crops must have enough root system to enable them to absorb nutrients from soil hence PHOSPHOROUS is vital. Secondly plants must not be under thick shade to help them synthesize(make their food) properly from absorbed nutrients +water aided by maximum absorption of sunlight (photosynthesis). Third soil/growing media PH level must be within acceptable levels( low PH too much acid or high PH alkaline soils) hinder better results even if other factors are constant. In this case chicken manure in itself contains high level of uric acid so if the soil too perhaps had low PH then you can guess the end result. Right PH for most vegetables is a bout 5.5-6.5. Fourth point is the manure should be aged/ well decomposed.

I believe one if not all the above reasons contributed to the condition of your vegetables.

Hello ?poultry manure is just OK to use for it is high in nitrogen an important element foe vegetative development however for this to turn out positive, the crops must have enough root system to enable them to absorb nutrients from soil hence PHOSPHOROUS is vital. Secondly plants must not be under thick shade to help them synthesize(make their food) properly from absorbed nutrients +water aided by maximum absorption of sunlight (photosynthesis). Third soil/growing media PH level must be within acceptable levels( low PH too much acid or high PH alkaline soils) hinder better results even if other factors are constant. In this case chicken manure in itself contains high level of uric acid so if the soil too perhaps had low PH then you can guess the end result. Right PH for most vegetables is a bout 5.5-6.5. Fourth point is the manure should be aged/ well decomposed.

I believe one if not all the above reasons contributed to the condition of your vegetables.
thank you , think ill check on these next time
someone adivised me to use NPK IS
It ok"