• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry Vaccinating Kuku

Janssen

Admin
Many farmers follow the vaccination schedule attached.

I have seen a few ask recently if you should go back and do them if you have missed the first time around. For example, if I missed giving my birds Gumboro and Fowl Pox, can I go back at week 20+ and do it?

Attachments

• Kienyeji Vaccination Schedule (1) (2) (1).png
    Kienyeji Vaccination Schedule (1) (2) (1).png
    289.1 KB · Views: 19

nedward

Veterinarian
Repeats are only done for diseases like newcastle for example as seen in the schedule. Vaccinating against mareks later in the life of the bird only puts your birds at high risk of contracting the disease. Gumboro on the other hand is age specific, it won't attack older birds whose yolk sack has been fully absorbed( bursa cells). Vaccinating against gumboro at later dates has no economic value. Fowl pox is a life time vaccine once done, the animal become immune and carrier for life and can pass the pox virus to unimmunized birds in the same househencethe need for birds of the same age receiving vaccine at the same time.