• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Maize what can I grow in homabay

Luke omolloh

I used to deal with maize selling and chicken rearing. But now I seeck your advice on what type of agiculture that can do well in homabay town and rusinga island

Alfred Opiyo

Certified Expert
Hello Luke thank you for seeking an advice in the right place. Now concerning these specific areas you've mentioned which indeed are most highly populated areas in this county, 1
horticulture (vegetables and fruits) is one the best agribusiness choice hear, since this large population are entirely engaged in other form of businesses and yet they provide ready market for horticultural produce. 2. Since you've been selling chicken and am sure you're privy to market trends and response on chicken and it's products so doing poultry production for eggs or meat isn't a bad choice.
3. Milk is a scarce product in both H/Bay and Rusinga, why not venturing in dairy farming?
NB. These are just few areas you can exploit however there are more. You can reach me 0791787652