• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry Which type of feed can I feed kienyeji kuku so that it may lay alot of eggs

nedward

Veterinarian
Egg laying is a genetic factor whose expression is what can be influenced by environment l. Kienyeji poultry due to their genetic predisposition rarely lay more than 15 eggs before going broody thus expecting more eggs for them is like trying to squeeze water from a stone. Kindly note that no amount of feed in terms of quality or quantity can change their genetic potential. For more eggs try pure layers or dual purpose kroilers.

Henry Ken Korir

Egg laying is a genetic factor whose expression is what can be influenced by environment l. Kienyeji poultry due to their genetic predisposition rarely lay more than 15 eggs before going broody thus expecting more eggs for them is like trying to squeeze water from a stone. Kindly note that no amount of feed in terms of quality or quantity can change their genetic potential. For more eggs try pure layers or dual purpose kroilers.

I have been feeding my chicken; Rainbow rooster with Bidco grower mash and when I ask the agrovet expert on the repercussion of switching it to Bidco kienyeji growers mash I was told there is no problem and no any negative effects. Please what are the facts about this two feeds? The cost of Bidco kienyeji grower mash is slightly cheaper than the other what else?

nedward

Veterinarian
You can switch but do it cautiously i.e change it gradually only for growers otherwise for those you are finishing for market don't change.