• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Poultry I would like to start up a small poultry farm of about 50 birds,what could be the requirements before I start

Hassann

For layers, at week 4 you should be feeding 36grams of feed per bird/ day increasing steadily to 41at week 5. Gradually increase weekly by average 5grams maximum 7grams until such a time when they will be laying and consuming 120g each per day. For broilers at 4th week they should be consuming 0.9kg,5th week 1.1, 6th week 1.3 by 7th week you should be selling them.otherwise you will start incurring loses.kindly be guided by that otherwise visit resources section here for more information.
What if you just pour feeds on the feeder fill it they eat when finish you refill

nedward

Veterinarian
@ onesmo, you must have proper housing unit xonstructed to standard, water and reliable source of feed

Please please Expert can you show us that structure unit.bcoz am seeing you can Attach file here. so that if i call fundi i will able to show him what i want exactly