• eLengo is East Africa's farming hub, combining an online community, educational resources and dynamic marketplace to help you reach your full potential.

Guests may browse our forums, but to participate in the conversations you must be logged in. We encourage you to join now- it's easy and it's FREE!

(and it will make this box go away)

Livestock I

Clyde007

The cost not much, growers mash is more expensive than layers(kienyeji mash) example feeds 70kg bag growers mash ex factory cost Ksh.2210 while kienyeji layers mash cost 70kg cost 1900. It is gradual incorpration of layers mash into growers mash such that by week 20 when your birds start laying, incidence of shelless eggs,weak shells etc are well taken care of. Remember oviposition begins early enough. So just balance your cards well and tilt them to your economic advantage.
Yeah if you use the kienyeji layers mash, the cost is manageable, I had prior assumed that he will use the commercial layers.
Thanks for the insight

Correction, I meant "bitter cost". It's always more like a balancing act, cost and quality. If you value consistency and quality, you must be prepared to pay a premium for the chicken feeds.